Obsidian: The Age of Judgement - The New Flesh
- The current year is 2299.
- There are 15 months in the year now, due to an extension of seasons. (Jan, Feb, Mar, Serenity, Apr, May, Jun, (insert name after I find it…), Jul, Aug, Sep, Promise, Oct, Nov, Dec)
- Water is scarce and rationed out for food and survival purposes.
- Food is provided either as synthesized, flavored (and usually less than appetizing) bars or as carefully prepared daemon meat. The soil is too tainted to be able to grow anything, let alone having seeds to do so. Livestock is nearly non-existent, replaced by the rare daemon-meat farmer.
- The Zone is a 22-mile cube of reinforced steel and concrete divided into 80 Sectors. 70 Sectors are used for containing the inhabitants of the Zone. Some Sectors exist completely underground.
- Each Sector is divided into 4 Sublevels, of which each is 4 stories high, making each Sector 16 stories high. Each Sublevel consists of about 500 square blocks of civilization.
- Every 12 hours, a sanitation spray is used to cleanse and disinfect all exterior surfaces of a Sector. This keeps down disease, and while not toxic to drink, it is highly regarded as such by the general populace, sending many to seek shelter until it has dried. In all, the spray lasts 15 minutes and takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to dry. It is a semi-viscous substance, with a gel-like texture and contains NO water.
- Showers are taken via a chemical dust. This can leave a white powdery residue on the skin, depending on how much a person spends on the dust. Those whom can afford the high-end dusts find that no residue is left afterward and even have faint fragrance.